The following will assist in maintaining adequate ventilation:
- Trickle vents on all double glazed windows – 10mm continuous and kept open
- The property should be kept at a temperature of 18C (by use of central heating or windows or ideally air to air heat pump)
- The kitchen, bathroom, WC and bedrooms should have electrical extractors fitted as per building regulations which work automatically off humidistats
- Window and doors should be fitted with locks which allow them to be kept open but secure.
- It should be a matter of habit to open windows and doors whenever possible
- The chimney flues should be opened either by a number of air bricks or with a decorative fire place.